Thursday, February 17, 2022

BLOCK

 I’ve been “suffering” with a block. Suffering?? I’m not sure what word to use but I’ve been racking my brain for ideas lately. It seems everything I come up with has a start but no end or an end but no start. I like my deja vu idea but it feels like something in the concept is seriously missing. I pushed away the idea of a coming of age film because I knew it was really similar to my music video and I wanted to make something original instead of leaning on an old piece.

I watched escape room a couple of years back and enjoyed the final plot twist where the characters realized the game was fatal and they were being watched on screens. I want that same effect for my project, where you wonder various things. My main points for the audience is:

Who is controlling?

Why are they controlling?

How did the main character get chosen to control?

The concept I came up with was following a girl through her day and watching her make choices. The catch is that sometimes the clips rewind and she makes a different choice, as if reeboting. The audience until this point will be unaware of what's going on, but when the title comes up, our main character will be seen on monitors controlled by our gamemaker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINK TO CCR

  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HrvAJIh8ZTiATiTyT5lFTCc4i4LG_SyI/view?usp=drivesdk