Thursday, February 24, 2022

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

 I wanted to play around with a type of character that I would love. I'm a fan of dystopian films and admire the main characters who seem to "outsmart" the system always. A perfect example would be Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games, who throughout the trilogy shows strength and courage. What I like especially about this character is that the audience knows she is stubborn and the most hard headed out of all of them, but her intentions come from the purest place. 




Name Ideas:

I'm not sure why I really like a mythological name, or maybe something that sounds foreign. I had leaned towards Diana, Luna or Nyx simply because I love the richness of it and how it sounds exquisite. I still want to look for a few other options that I might like more, so I'm trying to take inspiration from different places and books. 

Personality Type:

As I've been thinking before, my main character has to be a smart, protective type of girl. She has to be someone who cares about her society and wants to do something about it. My issue with this is that I still haven't found her motivation or her cause to fight. For Katniss, it was justice for children and most especially for her little sister Prim. Part of my plot problem is whether or not the main character is aware that she's reliving episodes over and over. I'm not sure if her knowing right away would give away too much information at once.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LINK TO CCR

  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HrvAJIh8ZTiATiTyT5lFTCc4i4LG_SyI/view?usp=drivesdk